Do you love teaching young children and have a passion for nature? Are you creative, energetic, engaging and genuinely interested in connecting young children to the natural world? PUDDLESTOMPERS Nature Exploration is looking for an outstanding candidates to teach nature programs to children ages 2-8 in the Greater Boston area.
PUDDLESTOMPERS™ Nature Exploration's mission is to connect the youngest naturalists and their parents and caregivers to the open spaces in their communities. Based in Newton, MA we serve the Greater Boston area through offering Child/Adult Classes, Drop-off Vacation Programs, Preschool Enrichments, School Programming for Grades K-2nd, and Weekly Summer Programs. Join the PUDDLESTOMPERS team today!
Afterschool Teacher/Naturalist (Part-Time)
PUDDLESTOMPERS™ Afterschool Programs explore the outdoors through active science-based activities, hands-on exploration, active movement, stories and games! This program is offered for PreK to 2nd graders and is know as the Outdoor Explorers program. Each week children learn about a new topic in nature. All of our lesson topics are designed to span all seasons and to highlight what is gong on in nature during that specific season. At the end of each program, we provide a take-home handout that includes: factual information, a list of related books, exploration, project ideas, and online resources.
Things to know:
- Programs are for PreK-2nd grade
- Classes are typically one hour long
- There is a maximum of 12 children per class
- Classes are held on school grounds
- Programs can be held exclusively outdoors or can be designed to use an indoor space as well (season depeandent)
- We offer programs to schools throughout the Greater Boston area
Lead children in outdoor exploration using hands-on activities, songs, games, stories and projects. You would primarily be teaching after school classes for K-2nd grade, which are held in the afternoon (typically for 1 hour) at local schools. This is a part-time position; the number of classes per week may vary depending on season. $30-$45/class, depending on length. Monday through Friday openings.
- Prior teaching experience with 2-6 year olds
- Experience in outdoor education and/or degree in the natural sciences a plus
- Dependable, responsible and organized
- Fun-loving, creative and engaging
- College graduate
- Must have a car
Accepting applications until position is filled.
Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com